Home > Postage Rate Increase, Software Updates, USPS News > Stamps.com Automatically Updated with New USPS Rates

Stamps.com Automatically Updated with New USPS Rates

January 23rd, 2012

With the 2012 USPS rate increase, all Stamps.com postage printed on or after January 22, 2012 will reflect the new rates. No action is required of customers. Stamps.com mailing and shipping solutions are designed to reflect up-to-date USPS pricing and will transition to the new rates in real time, enabling customers to print postage without any service disruptions.

Stamps.com Software Customers

• Stamps.com Software will automatically reflect the new rates. No action is required.
  • To utilize the new 2012 USPS products such as the Express Mail Flat Rate Box or the Regional Rate Box C, Stamps.com Software customers will need to upgrade to Version 9.5Download Version 9.5 for FREE!
  • If shipping Media Mail and/or Parcel Post, Stamps.com Software customers will need to upgrade to Version 9.5 in order to incorporate the new Intelligent Mail Package Barcode. Download Version 9.5 for FREE!

Stamps.com Online Customers

• Stamps.com Online will automatically reflect the new rates. No action is required.
  • Stamps.com Online will automatically incorporate the new 2012 USPS products. No action is required.

New 2012 USPS Products

• Express Mail Flat Rate Box — It’s priced at $39.95 and can be used for overnight delivery anywhere in the country for one price regardless of weight (up to 70 lbs).
blog_express-mail-flat-rate-box2

Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes come in 2 versions – top loading and side loading. Both boxes hold up to 70 pounds.

• Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C — It’s the U.S. Postal Service’s largest and deepest box at 15” x 12” x 12” and can hold up to 25 lbs.
blog_regional-rate-box-c

Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C is 15″ x 12″ x 12″ and holds up to 25 pounds

• First Class Package Service (formerly known as First Class Mail Parcels) — This mail class will now include the Intelligent Mail Package Barcode to provide FREE Delivery Confirmation.
blog_first-class-pkg-svc

Free Delivery Confirmation is now included with First Class Package Service

New 2012 USPS Commercial Base (Online Postage) Rates

Mail Class

2012 Price

2011 Price

First Class Letters – 1 oz.

$0.45

$0.44

First Class Letters – Additional Ounces

$0.20

$0.20

First Class Flat/Large Envelope – 1 oz.

$0.90

$0.88

First Class Flat/Large Envelope – Additional Ounces

$0.20

$0.20

Postcards

$0.32

$0.29

Express Mail – 0.5 lb.

$12.85 & up

$12.96 & up

Priority Mail – 1 lb.

$4.90 & up

$4.80 & up

First Class Package Service – 1 lb.

$1.64

$1.56

Media Mail – 1 lb.

$2.47

$2.41

Parcel Post – 1 lb.

$5.20 & up

$5.10 & up

Global Express Guaranteed – 0.5 lb.

$44.00 & up

$35.50 & up

Express Mail International – 0.5 lb.

$26.91 & up

$24.79 & up

Priority Mail International – 1 lb.

$22.09 & up

$20.19 & up

First Class Mail International –  1 lb.

$5.75 & up

$5.58 & up

1. stampscomblog
    February 29th, 2012 at 13:45 | #1

Hi Diane,

We do have a list of all the new rates. The file is a PDF and it is called the Ultimate Guide to the 2012 Postage Rate Increase. You can find the guide at this page: http://www.stamps.com/whitepapers/

Page 2 has a summary list of all the rate changes.
    Eric
    Stamps.com

2. stampscomblog
    February 29th, 2012 at 13:43 | #2

Hi Dkruse,

You have two options. One is you can print $0.01 stamps on NetStamps and then apply them along with your $0.44 NetStamps to your mailpiece.

The other option is to go to the Post Office and buy $0.01 stamps and apply those to your mailpiece along with your $0.44 NetStamps.

Either will work.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

3. Dkruse
    February 29th, 2012 at 06:55 | #3

I have pre-printed about 10 – 44 cent stamps.  how can I still use them?  I don’t see a way to print 1 cent stamps.  Is there an option for that or can I send them in for a refund?  Please advise me on the best option……..

4. Diane
    February 27th, 2012 at 10:49 | #4

I had hoped that you would just have a list of all the new rates that one could print out

5. stampscomblog
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 | #5

Hi Goldsilkmonkey888,
    That barcode on your label definitely looks like something is wrong. Can you contact our Customer Support team at 1-888-434-0055 (open Mon-Fri, 6am to 6pm PT) so they can fix this issue?
    Eric
    Stamps.com

6. Goldsilkmonkey888
    February 16th, 2012 at 02:32 | #6

I am new in stamps.com, I print our the 1st. class label like this, The Delivery Confirmation barcode is ok or miss printting? Is my Zebra LP 2844 printer get something wrong ? Help… Please

7. stampscomblog
    February 13th, 2012 at 14:10 | #7

Hi AC,

You are correct, the international insurance rates did go up quite significantly.

Before Jan 22, 2012, we based our international insurance prices on the USPS domestic insurance rates. The USPS had a separate rate for international insurance, but Stamps.com did not use it.

But with the new price increase that started on Jan 22, 2012, we have now based our international insurance rates on the USPS international rates. We are still 10% cheaper than USPS international insurance rates. Plus, you can insure products up to $10,000 in value.

But when comparing the rates to the previous rates, the costs did go up significantly.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Eric
    Stamps.com

8. stampscomblog
    February 13th, 2012 at 14:06 | #8

Hi Sherry,

Please call Stamps.com Support at 1-888-434-0055 — they will be able to troubleshoot and fix this issue.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

9. stampscomblog
    February 13th, 2012 at 14:05 | #9

Hi Kappa525ny,

You can adjust the font by clicking on the big “A” in the top right corner next to the word “Delivery Address.” (This is right above the Delivery Address field.) Please call Stamps.com Support at 1-888-434-0055 if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

10. stampscomblog
    February 13th, 2012 at 13:50 | #10

Hi Nancedelli,

Yes, you can still use the old NetStamps designs. Also, you can buy more sheets of NetStamps at the Stamps.com Store located at: http://store.stamps.com

Eric
    Stamps.com

11. Nancedelli
    February 11th, 2012 at 01:50 | #11

I want to buy more stamp sheets, but cannot find the place to order, are the old designs still being used/??

12. Kappa525ny
    February 9th, 2012 at 19:54 | #12

I upgrate my stamps.com from 8.7 to 9.5 and the shipping label font print out so uglynow (i didn’t change any setting) what should I do

attached pictpre shows the difference 9.5 on left and 8.7 on right

The “P” on top left is jagged for 9.5!!

13. Sherry Cagle
    January 30th, 2012 at 08:58 | #13

I downloaded the new version but it still won’t let me use parcel post.  It keeps giving me the message that I need to download the new version.  This is beginning to tire me out with this system.

14. AC
    January 30th, 2012 at 08:50 | #14

1st class International insurance just went up nearly 50% for me in the past two weeks.  I used to be able to insure a $50-$100 package for around $2.07.  Now it is coming up $3.06.  Is this a glitch?   I see nowhere on your site about this and did not receive anything in writing.  Please advise.
    Thank you.

15. Bdankovcik
    January 29th, 2012 at 09:18 | #15

tried mailing a flat rate envelope and it was retuned to me for not enough postage..when i went to the po they said the flat rate envelopes are 5.15 now and as of right now it still states 4.90

16. stampscomblog
    January 27th, 2012 at 09:27 | #16

Hi P Paquin,

The software has been updated with the current Media Mail rates. If you are not seeing the correct rates, please call our Customer Support center at 1-888-434-0055 (open Mon-Fri, 6am to 6pm PT) — they can double check your software version and make sure there are no issues occurring.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

17. stampscomblog
    January 27th, 2012 at 09:19 | #17

Hi Gingpal,

Please call our Customer Support center at 1-888-434-0055 (open Mon-Fri, 6am to 6pm PT). They’ll be able to uncover this log-in problem.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

18. Gingpal
    January 27th, 2012 at 08:45 | #18

everytime I try to buy a book of postage stamps I have trouble with your site…..always wants me to re register or won’t accept my sign in…tell me what to do please as I am disabled and can not go to the post office

19. P Paquin
    January 24th, 2012 at 17:20 | #19

Why in the hell are the media rates not in place with the so-called automatic updqate to 9.,5>

20. Joanne Taylor
    January 24th, 2012 at 07:40 | #20

Please Call me:  Joanne Taylor Sanpete County Mobile Library – under Utah State Library (Jim) – I am attempting to mail some packages and get the message that I must upgrade the software, but I cannot see how to do that from your site.

Joanne Taylor
    jataylor@utah.gov
    435 427 9305

Comments are closed.

Call us toll-free at 1-888-434-0055, Monday - Friday, 6 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time.