Lower Shipping Costs with Priority Mail Flat Rate Packages
Did you know that you don’t have to pay more to ship heavier items through the US Postal Service? Using the Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping option, you can send items for one flat cost using free boxes that the Post Office provides. You can mail anything that you can reasonably fit in each USPS flat rate box while allowing it to close properly and staying under 70 pounds. Here’s what you need to know about each of the containers offered from the USPS:
Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelop and Box Sizes:
• The Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope is 12.5 inches by 9.5 inches, which will hold standard copy paper, certificates, contracts and other important documents. It will cost you $4.80 to mail it using Stamps.com or $4.95 if you visit the Post Office. Your envelope must weigh less than 25 pounds.
• The Priority Mail “Small Flat Rate Box” is just large enough to mail a DVD, CD or a small book. It also will cost you $4.80 to mail it using Stamps.com or $4.95 if you visit the Post Office.
• The Priority Mail “Regular Flat Rate Box” (11-by-8.5-inch) is about the size of a shoe box. In addition to sending shoes, you could fill this box with baked goods, pictures, a mug and more for only $9.85 through Stamps.com or $10.35 if you visit the Post Office.
• The USPS offers a second larger version of the Priority Mail “Regular Flat Rate Box,” which is 13-by-11 inches, and is about the size of a clothing box from a department store. It’s the ideal choice to send clothes or picture frames for only $9.85 through Stamps.com or $10.35 if you visit the Post Office.
• The Priority Mail “Large Flat Rate Box,” which is 12-by-12 inches, can hold anything you can imagine. Stuff it full and send it for $13.50 through Stamps.com or $13.95 if you visit the Post Office. APO/FPO rates are $11.50 through Stamps.com or $11.95 if you visit the Post Office, ensuring that you have more money to send items to your deployed loved one.
The USPS also offers Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes for international shipping, although the rates do increase depending on your package’s final destination.
eBay Sellers Can Save Big with Priority Mail Flat Rate
If you are an eBay seller, Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping is a great option to make your products more appealing to buyers. Since eBay is constantly adding new posting and selling fees, many eBay sellers are using shipping and handling charges as a profit center. Providing your buyers with realistic shipping/handling charges that are not over-inflated (don’t forget, you get the boxes for free from the USPS) should allow you a distinct advantage over your competitors selling the same product but with higher shipping fees.