Home > Ecommerce Shipping, Shipping, USPS News > New USPS Postage Rates this Sunday, January 2, 2011

New USPS Postage Rates this Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 29th, 2010

blog_pact-act_usps-logo

EDIT: The USPS proposed a rate change for additional mail classes, including First Class Mail®, Media Mail, and Parcel Post® scheduled to go into effect this April.  Learn more about the April 2011 USPS rate change proposal.

Don’t forget – the US Post Office will be raising rates for the following mail classes effective January 2, 2011:

• Express Mail®
  • Priority Mail®
  • Parcel Select®
  • Express Mail International®
  • Priority Mail International
  • Global Express Guaranteed®

On average, rates will increase by 3.9% for retail prices (3.2% for Stamps.com/Commercial Base customers).  Rates for First Class Mail, Media Mail, and Parcel Post will not be changed.

As a reminder, FedEx and UPS will be increasing prices for their ground services on January 3, 2011 by an average of 4.9%.

Small business owners should note the following USPS price changes starting Sunday, January 2, 2011:

Express Mail – 2011 Shipping Rates

$10.50

$9.97

Large Flat Rate Box

$14.95

$14.20

$13.67

Large Flat Rate Box (APO/FPO)

$12.95

$12.20

$11.67

If you are a Stamps.com customer, your shipping rates will will automatically be updated by Stamps.com.  This includes shipping labels printed with Stamps.com prior to Januay 2nd but marked with a ship date of January 2nd or later.  All Stamps.com customers have access to Commercial Base Pricing (or Commercial Plus Pricing depending on volume).

Click here for more information on the 2011 USPS rate change.

Categories: Ecommerce Shipping, Shipping, USPS News Tags:
  1. August 26th, 2011 at 10:48 | #1

It would be a nice feature to have a “print this table” feature on this page. I keep a file with my printed stamps and the current UPSP rates so I don’t have to go to stamps.com when I want to mail an envelope.

2. stampscomblog
    May 26th, 2011 at 07:06 | #2

Good news Roger. Right now, we’re scheduled to release Regional Rate Box rates into the software next Tuesday, May 31. It’s possible that could get delayed, but it should not be any more than a few days – a week max. So Regional Rate boxes should be here very soon!

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

3. Roger
    May 26th, 2011 at 03:25 | #3

Any update yet on Regional shipping through the software? I love using the Stamps.com software, but as a lot of our shipping is regional boxes Stamps.com is losing a lot of shipments to Click-and-Ship. The release date for it keeps getting pushed back, but the last I heard was mid-May. We are now in late may and still nothing? I do some minor developing on my own and the program I use to compare rates lists regional boxes, and implementing that was simple, not sure why it’s taking you guys so long.

4. Randy
    May 14th, 2011 at 09:43 | #4

I would not mind using the website for my Regional needs as it does save a lot of money.  However, is there a way I could still use my thermal printer?  It really makes my business look like I am working out of my garage when printing paper shipping labels.

5. Mike
    May 2nd, 2011 at 14:04 | #5

I will give it a try…looking forward to it. It’s really a pretty big deal for smaller companies that are located on a coast.

6. stampscomblog
    May 2nd, 2011 at 13:22 | #6

Hi Mike, We hear your frustration with Regional Rate boxes taking awhile to get launched. The good news is they are available right now if you use our new web-based service. (Go to http://www.Stamps.com and click on “current customer” link to print Regional Rate boxes.) We should have Regional Rate boxes in Stamps.com software later this month.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

7. Mike
    May 2nd, 2011 at 12:56 | #7

What is the story with the regional rate boxes? I can do it just fine with the free click and ship service from the USPS…why pay you $16 a month to spend hundreds more on shipping?

8. stampscomblog
    April 28th, 2011 at 09:05 | #8

Hi Tradermama, Yes, you can ship Media Mail with Stamps.com! We also have First Class Mail International, Parcel Post and all other mail classes.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

9. Tradermama
    April 27th, 2011 at 15:41 | #9

Can I ship media mail with stamps.com ?

10. stampscomblog
    April 15th, 2011 at 14:27 | #10

Hi Ted,

We still do not have a firm date yet as to the launch of Regional Rate boxes in the Stamps.com software. This has been a huge request from our shipping audience and our dev team is working hard to get them launched.

While I hate to give another ETA (since I’ve been wrong on the last two I’ve posted), the word we’re hearing is early May. As soon as we have more info and a firm date, we’ll post it.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

11. Tedserv
    April 15th, 2011 at 05:51 | #11

Now that we’re close to late April, could you say more specificly when regional boxes software updates are to be released?

12. stampscomblog
    March 16th, 2011 at 13:51 | #12

Hi Thea and Mel,

The ETA on Regional Rate boxes has unfortunately been moved back to late April. While our tech team tried to hit the Feb deadline, the project become bigger than they had anticipated and so they needed more time.

Sorry for the frustration and delay.
    Eric
    Stamps.com

13. March 14th, 2011 at 09:06 | #13

I am also wondering when the Regional A and B option is going to be available. We were told it would be available late February and it is now the middle of March. Is there an update for this.

14. March 12th, 2011 at 21:09 | #14

@Eric Nash
    is regional shipping available yet?

15. John K.
    February 26th, 2011 at 16:20 | #15

@Eric Nash
    Is the software out yet for the regional boxes? as this states should be out in Feb. or is there a delay? I know 8.8 came out but I dont see the regional rate option yet.

16. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:59 | #16

@David Slater
    Hi David, Unfortunately, the new Forever Stamps only apply to physical stamps you purchase at the Post Office or at a retail location. Stamps.com postage is not considered a “Forever Stamp.” You would need to print the correct postage value on any postage printed inside the Stamps.com software.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

17. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:58 | #17

@Sharon Hayes
    Thanks for the comment Sharon. We’ll try to incorporate the “print” feature on our next blog post.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

18. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:57 | #18

@Mike B.
    Hi Mike, Your Stamps.com software should have updated the new rates automatically. The only price changes were with Priority Mail and Express Mail. All other mail classes did not change. If you have are not seeing the updated rates, please call Stamps.com Customer Support at 1-888-434-0055, Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Pacific Time.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

19. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:51 | #19

@Ron Korling
    Hi Ron, Stamps.com should be introducing the new Regional Flat Rate Boxes to the Stamps.com software in February 2011.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

20. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:49 | #20

@Pamela Duncan
    Hi Pamela, The new forever stamp for first class letters only applies for physical stamps you purchased at the Post Office or at a retail location. Stamps.com postage is not considered a “Forever Stamp.” You would need to print the correct postage value on any postage printed inside the Stamps.com software.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

21. Eric Nash
    January 11th, 2011 at 19:47 | #21

@Mary Perricotti
    Hi Mary, Commercial Base is a pricing tier from the USPS that was created for the online PC Postage vendors. So if you print postage using Stamps.com, PayPal Shipping or on the Click-N-Ship website, you will get the discounted pricing that is known as “Commercial Base” at the USPS.

Commercial Plus pricing is for large volume mailers/shippers and offers even bigger discounts than Commercial Base. But you must ship a minimum number of packages each month in order to qualify for Commercial Plus pricing.

Thanks!
    Eric
    Stamps.com

22. Mary Perricotti
    January 11th, 2011 at 08:32 | #22

Is Miracle-Ear retail, commercial base or commercial plus. how do we know??
    I ship a lot priority using the video box #0-1096LX, is that considered the “small box”

23. Pamela Duncan
    January 4th, 2011 at 12:21 | #23

How do we account for the new Forever stamp for mailing first class letters, using stamps.com? How will that work?

24. January 3rd, 2011 at 09:56 | #24

I see some news about “regional flat rate boxes” from the postal service. Any input on that available from your firm?

25. Mike B.
    January 2nd, 2011 at 12:57 | #25

I checked your USPS Rates under Tools: nothing’s changed at all! Did the Postal Service get shot down for a new rate increase, or has it been postponed?

26. December 30th, 2010 at 18:22 | #26

It would be a nice feature to have a “print this table” feature on this page. I keep a file with my printed stamps and the current UPSP rates so I don’t have to go to stamps.com when I want to mail an envelope. Would be a time saver for me rather than have to go to USPS website and print it from there.

27. December 30th, 2010 at 10:58 | #27

With the USPS offering Forever Stamps that are truly forever, can stamps.com customers take advantage of the lower rates by printing extra stamps prior to the rate change date?

28. Lori Seppala
    December 30th, 2010 at 08:55 | #28

I recently purchased Priority Mail Prepaid Flat Rate Mailing envelopes. Will i have to adhere additional postage to these in 2011?

Comments are closed.

Call us toll-free at 1-888-434-0055, Monday - Friday, 6 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time.