Customers Express Need for Speed, UPS Invests to Deliver
E-Commerce sales are going through the roof. With this increase, there has also been a jump in customer expectations of how fast their purchases will get to them. 62% of U.S. online shoppers reported that fast shipping speed is the most important factor in a positive retail experience according to a 2019 survey from Avionos. UPS® Ground shipments are now faster than ever thanks to new strategic initiatives. Our Fastest Ground Ever allows U.S. customers to save an entire day on shipments to businesses and residences. Think about what a difference a day can make!
Routes to cities across the U.S. are faster than ever before. Now you can save at least one day on shipments to businesses and residential destinations. UPS is investing in innovative solutions that provide greater accuracy and speed for all our customers, from pickup to final mile. A few notable enhancements include:
• Network Planning Tools*(NPT) allows UPS to optimize the flow of up to 60 million packages with advanced analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
• Enhanced Dynamic Global Execution* (EDGE) uses real-time data to enhance strategic decision making.
• On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation (ORION) determines the most efficient delivery route to reduce our carbon foot print.
• Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD) integrates AI to enable drivers to meet customers’ expectations.
• Convenient and secure UPS Access Point® locations have also helped UPS streamline. More than 12,000 UPS Access Point® locations have been added where customers can easily arrange to receive deliveries or accept returns, including CVS, Michaels, and Advance Auto Parts.
*NPT & EDGE will be fully deployed in 2020 Crush Deadlines and Bottom Lines
Speed and Reliability:
By the end of 2022, UPS will add more than 10 million pounds of additional air cargo capacity as 44 new aircrafts will join our fleet. This is the largest air capacity expansion in recent history.
In 2020, UPS has added even more capacity and network enhancements including:
· Five new regional “super hubs” in Atlanta, DFW-Arlington, Indianapolis, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City. These facilities will help improve time in transit, reliability, & flexibility across our network.
· UPS® Smart Logistics Network, which continually evolves to incorporate real-time data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other technological advancements.
· These significant investments will enable us to drive operational and sustainable improvements for our business, and provide greater accuracy& speed among our global network.
Our Fastest Ground Ever not only buys you time, it also provides peace of mind. The most recently available information from ShipMatrix shows UPS leading the industry in on-time deliveries too:
With UPS’s Fastest Ground Ever, merchants can crush both deadlines and bottom lines for their customers. Try out the new and improved system enhancements and rest easy knowing that your package is in the UPS network.
How can you reach a wider audience and increase sales? Try shipping internationally! Your products…
Beginning March 1, 2023, all shipments to and passing through most countries in the EU…
The United States Postal Service’s 2023 rate and service changes have been approved by the…
The closer we get to the holiday season, the more customers will visit your site.…
Everyone at Stamps.com wishes you a happy holiday season! As you’re preparing for the holiday…
With ongoing inflation and supply chain issues, keeping your shipping budget on track will be…